Roasted Veggie Open Sandwiches09/16/2021
Truffled Soft Scrambled Eggs09/16/2021
Mushroom Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon The Lunatic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Natural
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon The Lunatic EVOO Truffle Infused
- 1 cup fontina or gruyere, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 4 slices bread
- Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cremini mushrooms and sauté until they start to caramelized and turn golden brown, about 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated about 2- 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and The Lunatic EVOO Truffle Infused, then remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Mix the cheese into the mushrooms.
- Add butter one side of each slice of bread and place 2 in the pan oiled side down. Top each with 1/2 of the mushroom mixture and finally the remaining slices of bread with the oiled side up.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown, about 2- 4 minutes per side.