Bruschetta with Basil-Infused Olive Oil09/16/2021
Fig, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola with Basil Oil Pizza09/16/2021
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 1 pound bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 whole bulb fresh garlic
- ½ cup The Lunatic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Basil Infused Picual Gourmet
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 box ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls; you can substitute ciliegine [cherry size] or perlini [pearl size] if you can’t find bocconcini)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, diced (optional; if you like heat, you can mince a jalapeño chile (remove seeds and white ribs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box (9 to 11 minutes). The pasta should be al dente, not overcooked.
- Clean and slice garlic.
- Place the olive oil in a small saucepan, add sliced garlic and slowly heat until garlic is tender and golden. Do this at a low temperature and be patient—you don’t want the garlic to burn.
- Put warm pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add heated oil and garlic and toss.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut in half. Add to pasta.
- Add the chopped basil leaves to pasta along with optional onion and bell pepper.
- Add bocconcini. If you can not find bocconcini, you can add the smaller perlini; or you can cut a whole mozzarella into cubes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.